Hey fellow Porsche lovers!
In this blog, we're going to unpack why open house events are a valuable marketing tool for your business. We'll be focusing on two marketing terms, Brand Awareness and Brand Authority. We'll be using a recent open house event at DHM Auto Solutions as an example.
One of Brisbane's premier Porsche service specialists, DHM Auto Solutions, opened their workshop on the 4th of September for a Cars and Coffee style open day.
If you own a Porsche and haven't somehow heard of DHM, they provide Porsche; logbook servicing, mechanical repairs, engine and gearbox rebuilds, track preparation and complete car restorations. You can learn all about those services at their website.
Every generation of Porsche was on display from 914s to 930 Turbos - even a Carrera GT. There was plenty to look out and even listen to (if you like the sound of a Carrera GT revving in the background, which let's be honest, who doesn't). The team had also organised for a coffee truck and local favourites, Gotzinger Smallgoods, to put on breakfast and bratwurst in true German fashion.
Alright, time to explain what this means for your business.
Brand awareness is the way in which consumers recognise and remember your business. Strong brand awareness helps keep your brand top-of-mind with your potential customers. If they know your brand, they can become familiar and comfortable with it. Later on, when faced with a decision to use your services or your competitors, they are more likely to choose you.
- When promoting an event like this, reaching out to local car clubs and related social media groups is essential. This enables you to promote your name, logo and services to potential clients who may not have heard of your business. Car clubs are even likely to promote this event multiple times in weekly newsletters, slowly cementing your business name in their minds via repeat exposure.
- Following the event, you’ll have also have content to post to social media and further extend your brand’s reach. You can maximise this exposure by ensuring that all the best moments are captured on the day. Check out our Event Services if you’d like to learn about how we can help you achieve this. You’ll also have the added benefit of attendees posting their photos/comments of the day throughout social media for added exposure.
Brand authority refers to the trust a brand has earned among customers, and the degree to which they see your brand as a subject-matter expert. It is your reputation. A strong reputation makes it easier for you to convert new clients and retain loyal ones as they will be telling others and giving you trusted testimonials to support what you do.
- Inviting your current/previous clients to attend enables you to display your best work and firmly establish the credibility of your business to potential new clients attending on the day. Many of the cars attending were sporting the DHM logo on the side of the car, which really emphasises just how extensive the range of vehicles DHM service to a potential customer. These are essentially parked, physical testimonials that let the customer know that they would be in safe hands with DHM.
- Those attending are also likely to have conversations with each other and will most likely discuss their car. Given the setting, they are also likely to talk about their positive relationship with your business as well, further building credibility in potential customers' minds.
- An open day also enables you and your staff to speak directly to potential clients in person. This allows you to answer questions, solve potential problems and share your passion and experience with them. These customer interactions build trust and confidence in your services and ultimately, your brand.
Although we’ve only looked at this type of event through a very narrow lens (brand awareness and authority), it is clear that there are a number of positives associated with hosting an open day for your brand.
If you need any help maximising the impact of your next event, please feel free to send us a message, we’d love to hear from you.
Enjoy the photos and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss our next blog.
Thanks for reading, and have a great day!